Monday, October 29, 2007

Night of the Living Ex-Girlfriend

Ever notice things happen in threes? There is an old southern saying that deaths come in threes. Creepy, but sometimes I have noticed it's true.

So for me, exes come in threes. I mentioned last week that I heard from my ex C from BR which was totally random and out of the blue. I was hoping she would respond to my letter back but maybe her job is done.

On Sunday I was walking in my neighborhood and ran into my ex wife who was having a moving sale. Now since she lives two streets away from me it would not seem like a very unusual thing, but since it has been probably a year or more since I have seen or spoken to her it was a bit out of the ordinary. Especially when she gave me her wedding ring to add to mine when she heard I was selling mine on ebay.

Ex number three came by tonight to pick up a drawing I am giving back to her. She gave it to me years ago when we were dating as a Christmas/Birthday gift. My grrl and I decided maybe it was time to remove the naked portrait of M that loomed over our heads in the living room.

So if this was A Christmas Carol I'm guessing Ex-Wife would be the Ghost of Christmas Past, M would be the Ghost of Christmas "Presents" and the only thing that doesn't fit is C from BR as the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come. Well, since I never spent a Christmas with her, I guess in a cockeyed way that could work too.

God Bless Them, Every One.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home