Monday, July 30, 2007

The New and Improved Eddie

Well hello! Nice to see you too. Yeah, things are going well, thanks for asking. I really feel like I'm making real evolutionary progress in my relationship. I realized I had been falling into a dangerous and familiar pattern in the past few months. When things get serious I begin to get over-cautious. Taking on stuff I needn't and doing my partner's thinking for them. This is the first time I have caught myself doing it and made a dedicated effort to change before it was too late. I think it has been a positive thing for both of us and I am much more relaxed and happy. One thing I recognized was that I wasn't allowing myself to think about what I really wanted to be happy. Once I did that I felt energized and was even more in love with sweet K. I stuck a note on my mirror that says "Do the things that make you happy". One of my first decisions connected to this is: I'm going to Michfest this year! Yay!

I'd love it if K and G were going with me and hopefully someday they will but this will be a partially solo thang. K doesn't really like music festivals or camping that much but I know she'd like the energy there. I think every woman should go there at least once in their life so I'll continue to extol the virtues until all of them do. :)

Hey, have you ever just caught a moment in time and thought- "This is what life is all about"? I had a few of those this weekend. G and a play date playing in the kiddie pool, my sweetie leaning against me watching TV, G holding my hand crossing the street on the way to church, and R and G playing sock puppets... Have I mentioned lately that life is good?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home