Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Great movie-- crappy ending

It's gonna be really great when I see my therapist. Thursday can't get here soon enough. I know there are qualities in me that attract the wrong people. I know those qualities also inspire me to make really bad decisions around them. Like ever thinking I could wait someone out and be their fall-back plan.

What is it about the human condition that draws us to people that either don't want us, keep us at arm's length, or just plain old disrespect us? The things I see as intolerable in someone I want to date are played out in smaller scale by me. I assume if I'm wonderful and practically bend over backwards to show someone how great I am it will pull all their energy and affection toward me.

Nah, they still want the shiny, spiky, fucked up object that hurts them. What I also have to recognize is that I still want the shiny, imperiled, dependent girly-girl to rescue.

Put me back in the oven God, I'm not done yet.

At least Rumi knows what I'm talking about:

'A night full of talking that hurts,
my worst held-back secrets. Everything
has to do with loving and not loving.
This night will pass.
Then we have work to do.'

1 Comments:

At 7:38 AM CST, Blogger bluemorpho said...

i'm making a vote for 2008. if 2007 was the year of catastrophic change - the year of the universe forcibly breaking patterns that don't work for us, no matter how hard we try to cling to them - can 2008 be the year of choosing change?

i'm going to give it a try.

miss you. dad's bringing the cell phoen charger back today - whoohoo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home