Sunday, April 19, 2009

Barely awake

What a weekend! I damn near over committed myself but I made it through and had an amazing time everywhere!

Friday night I met for coffee with a very cool woman- A. She is bright, stable, very attractive, and shockingly easy to talk to. I met up with her at Flipnotics and thought we had been there for about 15 minutes and I was floored to find out and hour and a half had gone by! I had a rather abrupt goodbye with her since she was running late to see a show downtown but I hope I see more of her soon.

I got up before the butt-crack of dawn on Saturday to catch a plane to Denver. In case you didn't know Denver had a huge batch of snow dumped on it on Friday. Made for an exciting time making it into the airport in Denver but luckily by then the snow was turning to rain and it wasn't icy anymore.

Denver was fun, stress-free and extremely relaxing. Just what I needed. My 2nd person A was attentive, delightful and a hell of a good time. It had been too long since I was there last. A keeps fretting I won't come back since I seem to be drawing interesting people into my life but I tell her I'm all feast or famine and she can never count me out.

I got back into Austin this afternoon and caught a fantastic show by a group called the Hilde Girls and the Djembabes. It was great fun and I convinced my friends D and M to go with me. I was especially interested in having M see them perform. I thought the music would resonate with her. She seemed to really enjoy it.

If you don't know, the Hilde Girls are an a'capella chorale group that sings the songs and chants of the 12th century saint Hildagarde of Bingham. Check out the website link above to learn more. Going to one of their shows is a very spiritual experience and the voices and message of the music is very nurturing. That, plus all the other delightful things in my weekend have put me in a very relaxed and centered place.

I think I'm ready to fall into bed early and have a sound and dreamless sleep. I wish the same for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home