Friday, April 03, 2009

A little bit 'a this and a little bit 'a that




I was driving back home after having dinner with a friend at Magnolia cafe the other night and I saw Leslie standing at an intersection by a bus stop. We locked eyes and he did an exaggerated lean with his thumb out, then laughed. Must have been my strangely good mood but I rolled down my window and said- "Hey Leslie- where ya headed?"

"Downtown." He replied. "6th street."

I shrugged and thought- what the hell.

"Get in. I'll take you there"


He jumped in, never asking if he could smoke but never putting out his cig. He said he had overslept and missed the bus and was getting a later start to the night than usual. He then opened his purse, pulled out a silver flask and took a couple swigs. He offered a drink to me and I politely declined.

I dropped him off at 6th and Congress and made my way home, chuckling to myself.

******
I ordered a new tiller the other day! My current one is gas powered and I couldn't start it this year and I got tired of having to have it serviced so I'm replacing it with a little electric model I ordered from Sears.



I'm giving my old model to Marti so the freecycling line will live on. She gets a tiller for only the price of having it serviced and I get a nice environmentally friendly version that is light and requires very little maintenance. Look how cute it is:





So- I can think of no thread to connect Leslie and my new electric tiller but it was fun to create a blog entry that mentioned them both. Have a great weekend everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home