Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I'm Suddenly In A Movie

OK, my life has taken some strange turns lately. I'm single again- kind of. After Thanksgiving C and I agreed to be monogomous and try to have a real relationship. Shortly thereafter (within a couple weeks) circumstances convened and said "No way." Thats a long story but ultimately it was no one's fault and hopefully we can be friends in the long run.

I have noticed something about my life though. I have a pattern. I fall for a specific 'type' and the type seems to include a certain amount of unattainability. I heard there was some sort of study that showed that people's future choices for partners were based on the success of their first relationship. Since my first relationships were all about unrequited crushes and the unattainable, it seems those are the ones I find most desirable. That is seriously fucked up. Nice to figure it out. My only challenge now is how do I fall in love with someone who doesn't fit into my pattern?

Oh, my movie: Jerry McGuire. Right now there is someone out there I could have at "Hello". Do I have the staying power for that when they don't fit my pattern? Well, my mama likes them and that's half the battle...

Thanks for listening,

Sparks

1 Comments:

At 9:36 AM CST, Blogger Blue said...

What I've learned about love is that there are a million different kinds of it. When I found the right marryin' gal, there weren't molten hot lava chunks flying through my heart. It was more like deep red burning embers, the kind that burn a long time. And lots of affection. Not saying that I know what your love looks like. Just that when you figure out who that attainable gal is, and maybe "attainable" isn't as heart-pounding for you, maybe she won't light a mile-high fire in your loins, and you might wonder if this kind of ember-love is worth it, but if you're happy and compatible in most ways, and she's sane, and you both are committed to growing together, just stay. In my case, I've stayed through serious hard times and lots of wondering about whether this kind of love is worth it, and as it turns out it very, very much is. The love on the other side of the years is incredibly profound. I've learned this from my mother, and my mother-in-law, and they've been happily married for quite a while. I mean, to their husbands. I've learned to respect their advice, because they're collectively about 65 years smarter than me.

love,
B.O.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home