Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Re-emerging from The Missing Year

As I end "The Missing Year" I decided to commit. It is my most unexpected pairing. When we started dating we both agreed we only wanted a casual thing. We both dated other people and experienced (as far as I know) no jeolosy about the 'others'. Then a series of strange events started to happen. I decided to commit to someone else back in November and when it came time to tell K I felt sort of sick. She took it really well, even comforting me in my anguish about the decision. Later she admitted she cried on the way home.

When my new relationship decision didn't work out I knew I wanted to see K again. When that happened, it seemed the energy was different. She seemed more focused, more loving... I also found myself thinking more sweetly about her. I bought her and little G tickets to The Lion King for Christmas and I was so excited about her opening them I gave them to her early. It made her cry. Definitely better to give than receive.

So, quite unexpectedly, I have found a woman who is loving, charming, supportive, lovely, fun, smart and comes with the potential for a ready-made family. Again I have managed to fall ass-backwards into a really great thing. Thanks universe.

2 Comments:

At 6:00 PM CST, Blogger patrin said...

Great to hear! Congrats :)

 
At 10:21 PM CST, Blogger Blue said...

I was secretly voting for her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home