Sunday, June 22, 2008

Now

Every day I grow stronger.
I'm pushing myself because it is currently how I survive.
I've adapted well.
I see the space transform from 1970s retro to clean and modern.
I get compliments and approval from one who thickened my skin years ago and taught me never to expect it.
It's been years since my work has been physical.
My first jobs were always the hardest on my body.
Peach picking, scrubbing floors, pulling machinery out of an oven and testing for leaks...
I miss my body from those days.
It is welcome to see it returning.
To see the definition in my arms and shoulders.
The rope-like muscle popping out at my neck.
It is nice to go to bed tired from the day. I even like the pain a bit...

Emotionally this has been a lifesaver. A couple more weeks and depression would have set in. Depression I can't treat because of my chemical imbalance.
The exercise and distraction are doing wonders.

Now if someone would meet me at the door and lick off all this salty sweat...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home