Friday, June 27, 2008

Payoff

Ye-ha and all good things! I got a job offer yesterday! I got a call from a placement company for a job as a Tech Writer/ Project Manager for the Texas Department of Health. It's not a perm gig, just a few months most likely, but good enough for government work- literally.

A few more details-

I think the pay is $26 an hour. Less than Dell but since I won't be having a lot of withholdings I will probably have an even bigger take-home pay.

It is rediculously close to my house. At 45th and Lamar. I can easily bike to work and that is my plan. I've gotten addicted to the changes in my body from my work with Beth so I want to keep the good stuff going.

I was starting to worry I would have to go back to tech support. This job does draw on my background in that. They wanted someone to document training for Citrix and other applications so the geeky side is helping the nerdy one.

Thanks to everyone who bought me dinners, drinks, had me over, etc. when I had no money (or at least thought I didn't). I owe many folks a night on the town so I'll be making that happen soon.

First things first though. Saturday night I have a date with a time traveler. We'll see where I end up. At the moment I'm really liking the here and now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home