Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Straight?

I just got the weirdest IM message from someone on OKCupid the other night. She said when she attempted to IM me my stats listed me as straight! Yikes! I went back and double-checked my profile and no- I'm listed as gay. Weird.

I've always thought of myself as among the gayest of the gay. I do occasionally find transmen sexy and it always makes me feel slightly embarrassed and confused. I went out with a transman a while back to kind of explore what it was I felt. This one happened to be someone I had a huge crush on when he was a woman. He was still pretty feminine-looking when we hung out again. He had girly affected mannerisms and his voice, although deepened by the T, was still very feminine in character, which made him sound like a very swishy gay man. I found him attractive and realized this was about as much boy as I could handle on the intimacy scale so I kissed him.

I'm not sure what I was expecting but my reaction was somewhat comforting. He had rough wiskery skin and smelled unfamilar and, well... pretty unappealing. While he in female form was a huge crush and I had wanted to kiss 'her' for years, kissing 'him' made me feel nothing.It was an interesting experiment. I'll continue to admire transmen from afar but it is my destiny to be with women and I'm quite happy with that.

1 Comments:

At 3:02 PM CST, Blogger Pace said...

In my experience, sexual preference is pretty different from gender preference. People lump them together, and there are terms like "lesbian", "bisexual", and "straight", but what about "bigendrual"?

What do you call someone who likes only women, but doesn't care what set of genitals they happen to have? Or someone who likes only penises, but doesn't care whether they're attached to a man or a woman?

Now that gender-bending is becoming more common, we need better words to talk about all this crazy stuff. (:

 

Post a Comment

<< Home