Monday, January 19, 2009

A Love Letter to Ana Sisnet


I wasn't sure if I would write about this but I have decided I should. A friend of mine died last week. She wasn't the close kind of friend where we hung out at each other's houses- just the warm acquaintance that I was always delighted to see at parties and events.

Ana Sisnet was a renaissance woman. She seemed to have her hand in everything. A painter, a writer, a poet, a technology guru- she could do it all.

As is always true when someone passes, I think about the personal interactions I had with her. I bought her heart at Toma Mi Corazon a few years ago. Her beautiful African Mary and Child hangs in the window of my office.

My favorite memory of her was our running joke. On at least two occasions I managed to walk up on conversations just as she said something rather shocking and naughty. After that, each time I saw her I would tease her- "Are you behaving yourself Ana?" She would giggle like a girl and promise she was-- all the while looking like I had caught her once again in some act of debauchery.

I will miss her as a matriarch of the community. A leader of strong, capable women of grace and ability. I will remain hopeful that her influence created more that will follow her path.

Sleep sweet Ms. Ana. I hope you are making Heaven a bit more naughty...

http://www.austinchronicle.com/gyrobase/Issue/story?oid=oid%3A729023

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 7:44 PM CST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very thoughtful, thank you...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home